- Why are young drivers at a higher risk?
- Motor-vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among teenagers. A combination of inexperience and the natural impulsiveness of the adolescent years contribute to this increased risk in being involved in a fatal crash.
- What is Graduated Driver Licensing and how does it work?
- GDL introduces novice drivers to the complexities of driving in stages designed to provide practical experience under reasonably safe, yet realistic, conditions.
- What role does parental involvement play?
Experience is the single most important factor in teens’ driving safety. Parents are crucially important in helping young drivers get that experience. They can also reduce teen crash risks in other ways.